Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Seizures Suck

Seizures Suck.  Jordan has been very lucky when it comes to her seizures.  In the beginning medication controlled them and the only time she relapsed was when she was off medication.   She has been on medication for 3 years now and they have worked great, that is until January of this year.


I actually think they start back in August of 2014, but no one else was seeing anything and since they caught me off guard I was never fast enough with the video taping them.


Now almost a year later they have become somewhat of the norm.  She only has them once or twice every month, so I cannot complain.  Actually I can complain I know there are people who have more seizures and there are people who have less.  My problems are not bigger or less significant than someone else's, they are mine.


I realized over the past few months that I need to control my fears because it will only make things worse.  She now understands when she is having a seizure and she can explain things to me.  She talks through them albeit confused speaking, at least she is speaking. These seizures are not as scary as when she first started having seizures and I believe as time goes on we will learn to understand them more.


Training sucks.


I have learned that breathing is good when you run, so when you cannot breath you have a problem.  I have a problem.  I practice mindfulness, I understand the concept of breathing using your diaphragm.  I practice this every morning feeling my stomach rise and fall as I breath.


Then I start running and my mind turns to mush.  My body rebels and says it cannot breath.  I tell myself to practice what I know and it laughs at me, mocking me.


How am I ever going to run 13.1 miles if I can barley run 1 mile.


Now I am throwing everything I know about breathing out the window and I am going to try mouth breathing.  Lets pray is works or I am in real trouble.


Go Team Tinkerbell, OT


http://princesshalfmarathon.childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=2169

No comments: