Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sleeping by Herself

Tonight is the first night Jordan is sleeping by herself. When she came home in September I remember thinking “how was I ever going to let her sleep alone again.” Either Jeff or I had been by her side since she went into the hospital. For some reason back in September it was easier to let her sleep alone.
Now I am checking on her every ½ hour. I know she is okay and that the medications are doing what they are supposed to. The problem is that is what I thought last time and for some reason something happened to make them stop working.
I do believe I will feel much better after the doctors tomorrow. I trust her doctor completely and I have so many questions for him. I am not sure how straight forward he will be with us, not to say he won’t tell us the truth, I just think at this point he might not have the answers. So I guess we will just have to wait and see.
On a completely different note, I met with Jared’s teachers today and they had wonderful things to say about him. After meeting with them I am even more proud of him and can’t wait to see him in the Children’s Theater Play. It was also nice to hear that he is doing well with all this craziness going on around him. I know he is going to continue to do well and it makes me realize that Jeff and I have done something right.
Today Jordan and I were watching Hannah Montana and I started to cry. I know crazy over Hannah Montana right, except the episode was about letting your children grow up and it made me think of all the hopes and dreams I have for my children. It made me sad because I don’t want to adjust what they are for Jordan, and I don’t know that I have to, although I might. As we watched the show, I realized that no matter what happens we will get through!

No comments: