Thursday, February 9, 2012

Courage!

This F*cking Sucks is how I felt today until I got on the computer and found this quote from John Wayne.

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." -John Wayne

I wanted to sit on the floor and cry or scream. I wanted to yell at someone for not being able to tell me what is wrong with Jordan. I wanted to throw things and run far away. I am frustrated because she is sad and depressed and I feel like I am not helping her. Then I read this quote and realized I could not hide. I needed to Saddle Up.

So that is what I am doing. Her platelets are 71K, which is great. We are keeping the course of prednisone for the next 3 days and then lowering it to 40 mgs a day. We go to a new doctor next Wednesday and hopefully her platelets will be even higher then.
She has some cookie ideas that she wants to try, hope even is ready to be a guinea pig for her creations. She has moments when she is really down and I am trying to do as many fun things with her as I can. We talked about going back to school and have a game plan worked out. She learned she can still go to the dentist and if she needs teeth pulled we can do something so she can have that done.
All and all positive stuff, my frustrations will always be here I just need to keep them at bay.

As for Devon, I think he is fine. I believe he might be allergic to almonds, which is what caused him to get sick yesterday.

Have a wonderful week and we will keep you all posted. Thanks again for the love, support and strength, it means the world to me.

No comments: