Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

Every year we do Polish Brunch for Easter.  In my family that means, kielbasa (usually 3 different kinds), ham, hard boiled eggs, bread, and horseradish.  It has been this way since I was a child and my father was a child.  It has never really bothered me and my children have grown up with this tradition.  This year Devon said "Mom, it is all meat, there are no veggies at all"  It looks like next year the tradition will be changing a little and we will be adding veggies.  Finally my vegetarian 14 year old took a stand we are changing a tradition for the better.

We also colored Easter eggs a little different this year.  Devon has been drawing for years and instead of coloring eggs he put DevArt onto the egg.  I am always amazed at how he can come up with these designs, my mind so doesn't work that way.

I am looking forward to the rest of the wonderful art work Devon will do over the years!

Today, while it was a wonderful day, Jordan had a hard time.  Big crowds bother her and her mood becomes very irritated over time.  After being with family for about 3 hours she had a melt down and needed to be a lone for about 20 minutes.  While I understand this is because of her illness and possibly her medication it is still frustrating.  We went through this back in 2010 and it was very hard on every one in the family.  My hope is the doctor's will start talking about giving her an autoimmune medication again.

 The kids had a great morning at home and then Jared got this new hat.  He has been looking for a white fedora for about a year and finally he has one. 

Happy Easter! Enjoy the day!

No comments: