Monday, August 18, 2008

Harry Potter

The new Harry Potter movie was scheduled to come out in Nov of this year, sadly that date has changed to July of 2009. When researching why the date changed I learned that Daniel Radcliffe was going to be on Broadway. I was so excited I had to look up what he was playing in. "Equus"
As soon as I saw that I knew Jeff would not go.
See a few years ago one of my favorite actors from "Queer as Folk", Randy Harrison, was playing in the Berkshires and the play was "Equus". Jeff had never heard of it so he said "Sure we can go" The one day at work he was telling his friends and they were all like "Dude, do you know what that is about"

For those of you who don't know "Equus" is a brilliant done play about a boy who is obsessed with horses. One day he blinds 6 of them and the play is about this. It was also a movie that I had seen when I was in college. http://www.broadway.com/gen/show.aspx?SI=563868

I guess when I mentioned it to Jeff I left some of this information out. We went and saw it. I loved it, I thought the acting was brilliant and they did a wonderful job. Jeff not so much.

So I asked Lori if she wanted to go. Her reply: "I'm already there, in my mind. No, I have no issue with the fact that he is only 19."

I am so excited I can not wait to go. There is nothing like live theater!

No comments: