Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sadness

Today is a very sad day. Stephen was over helping Jeff measure out the deck to go around our pool. He had Bella with him, she is his 3 year old German Shepard/Hound dog. We were all standing in the back yard talking when I saw her start for the gate. I knew the gate was open and before I got out "Will she take off" She was already running. The next thing I heard was this BANG!

She had been hit by a car. She made it back to the gate by the house and she was breathing. She could not stand and would not get up. So Stephen cared to my car and we drove to the hospital. She died before we even got there. We took the next 1/2 hour saying good bye to her and then we came back to my house.

There is nothing I can say to make this better. I feel partly responsible because she was at my house and the gate should have been closed. Stephen understands it is no ones fault really. It is still a very sad day.

No comments: