Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Extreme Couponing

Let me start by saying I do use coupons, although not as much as I would like.  Jeff and I were watching the TLC show last night http://press.discovery.com/us/tlc/programs/extreme-couponing/ and I was totally amazed.  I knew that coupons helped and I do love saving money, I just never really new how extreme some people are with this.

As I was watching the show I got the itch to try it partly to help my family and partly to help others.  There was this one guy on the show Nathan Engels and he spent $241.00 on over $5,000 worth food and products.  He donates part of what he buys to the local food bank at his church.  It got me thinking.  If I could get that much food I could really help people in my area.

So call me crazy with everything else I have going on, Jordan is still not in school and we don't know why she keeps getting sick, I am looking into clipping coupons to help others.  Now that I have put it out there, there is no turning back.

Today I am going to get an organizer and I am going to start researching what is involved in this.  I figure since I have to be home anyways it might be something fun to do and I can get Jordan to help me.  She will be learning about money, savings and helping others.  So even though she isn't in school she will still be learning great life lessons.

Enjoy your day!

No comments: