Thursday, September 30, 2010

2 months

It is hard to believe that it has been 2 months since Jordan got sick. She is looking so good and getting better every day that sometimes it is hard to think just a few weeks ago we were fighting for her life. As time goes on and we move on with our lives there are times when I think we might get slapped in the face all over again. I am not sure when this feeling will pass or even if it ever will.

Sometimes when I lay awake at night I pray that everything is going to be okay. Since we don’t have any answers as to why this happened I am even more afraid. We know that it was viral encephalitis, although we have no idea what the virus is or if it will come back. When life is going along just fine you never think something bad is going to happen. Then something happens and you have to learn how to be normal all over again. I think your definition of normal changes after you are fighting for your child’s life. You don’t want to live in a state of fear just waiting for something awful to happen, so you move forward thankful for every day you have.

I think we have been doing a good job of moving forward and although there are times the fear breaks through, we won’t let it win. We have the strength of our friends, family and everyone here and Jordan herself. She is a constant reminder that things can get better and do.

Jordan starts tutoring tomorrow; she is very excited about learning again. While she still does not have the stamina to make it through a full day we are very excited that she is going to start moving forward with her school work. I know she is happy about this new adventure, although I do have my fears. She has always been a good student and I hope that she does not get frustrated if things don’t come as quickly now. I know that she is in good hands and will do great.

Her physical therapy is still moving in the right direction. She moved forward so quickly that now we are working on fine tuning things. The hope is to have her running again and doing the things she used to. Her running improves every day, although her ankles are still weak and she does not have the endurance to last long. I think she may have turned her ankles in before; I just never paid much attention to it. If need be we can get her inserts at some point.

We thank God every day that Jordan is here with us. We will never forget the horror that was our lives for the past few months and we will not let it control us. We thank you all for your love, support and prayers.

Loves, Hugs, and God Bless!

No comments: