Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Settling In

I knew this day would come, the day when everyone would be back to work and school and I would be looking around wondering what to do with myself. Jordan is in school today and she is going to try a full day. I am okay with this and I actually think it will be wonderful for her. I know she is looking good and that she does not want to spend all of her time with me. She needs the interaction of other children and a teacher who is going to challenge her.

I worry how is she going to behave, is she going to be able to handle the school work. Will the kids make fun of her if she makes a mistake or will she get frustrated because things aren’t as easy as they used to be? I also worry because she does look so good. Sometimes it is easy to forget that she was very sick, deathly sick. She gets tired easily, although she will deny it. I wonder if she will know what her limit is and to not push it yet. Knowing her she will push the limit as far as she can, we always said that is what has gotten her through this, her determination to prove everyone wrong, her strength and her resolve. I know she will be fine and I am here if she isn’t.

Tonight she decided to swim and I was totally amazed, as always. She swam the whole practice and did not stop, did not take a break and even went first when they were swimming butterfly. Now she is in bed and I am hoping she is going to fall asleep fast. It will be interesting to see how she is tomorrow.

For now we are still taking it one day at a time. Jordan still has PT twice a week and Thursday she is seeing a speech therapist, so working right now would be very hard for me. Even with her in school she still has lots of appointments to go to and I believe she is going to need breaks every now and then.

So for now I will do what I have been doing for the past couple of months. Thanks for all the love and support.

No comments: