Thursday, November 11, 2010

Shaving her Legs

Last night as Jordan is getting ready to take her bath she asks me about shaving her legs. I inform her in the nicest way possible YOU ARE 9, there is no reason to shave your legs. I'm like kid, shaving sucks and it is not something you want to start doing this young.

She was like mom I really want to shave. My hair is dark and I think I should. Again, I told her please do not shave, when you are in 6 th grade we will talk about it again. Besides it is winter here and I don't even shave in the winter.

I'm sitting on the coach watching TV and she comes out and says "Mom, don't be mad" That is a sure sign that she did something she wasn't supposed to. "I shaved my legs. I know you said not to, but I wanted to and you can't be mad because I was honest with you." Then she proceeds to let me feel her leg, smooth as a baby.

I ask her "Did you cut yourself? Can see how well you did?"

"No, I didn't cut myself, look"

She right she did not cut herself. I had to hold back the laughter though as I looked at her leg, she shaved the bottom part of each leg, in the front, skipped her knees and then shaved the top part of each leg, in the front.

So now I either have to help her correct it so all the hair grows even or I just let it be. She will be scratching and complaining, although she will have learned her lesson. So for now we are leaving it, until of course she tries again.

I never thought that I would have to deal with this at 9! Here's looking to many great years of shaving! At some point she will learn to HATE IT!

2 comments:

wacki04@TheKing'sCourt IV said...

LOL!! I completely understand! My 10 year old is there and wants to shave! I've been so torn, but like you mentioned, she has dark hair and it does stand out... I'll be dealing with it next spring for sure!

Ezraiya said...

I hope mine holds off on this for a loooong time. Her hair is super light blonde, so she won't even be able to see it.

I'm not sure whether or not you should help to fix the shave. Do you think she'll learn her lesson and wait until she's older?