Monday, October 11, 2010

GLEE

It was an interesting Glee tonight and even more so because I had a wonderful conversation today, with a friend, about God. With everything that has happened over the past few months I have been looking into myself and my beliefs. This episode of Glee is almost a direct correlation between what I was feeling and what happened in my life, while the story line is different because it was my daughter lying in the hospital fighting not my father.

When I was younger religion played a big part of my life. I went to Catholic schools, we went to church on Sunday, and religion was always there. As I got older my experiences and decisions changed my thinking. I always believed in God, I just didn’t always believe in religion. I felt torn, lost without faith. I have raised my children to believe in God, although we do not go to church every Sunday. Then Jordan got sick and my life changed again.

I started talking to God again. I started asking people to pray for us. I realized the power of prayer and God was there. I remember telling Jordan “We are going to prove these doctors wrong. You are going to get better and we are going to make it though.” After that I remember talking to God every day. I would pray for Jordan, I would pray for the people around us. I would thank God for all the support and love that we received.

I started seeing things in a new light and I realized that although my life has gone in many different directions maybe I did need God. Maybe He has always been there and I just needed to just reach out and talk to Him.

Glee did such a good job tonight it was wonderful. It was nice to see how they handled the subject matter. While there are many different religions on the show, they all came together to help a friend, who in the beginning, did not believe in God and did not want their help. In the end I they don’t make him believe in God, although he has a better understanding of what having faith means.

In the end it just makes me realize who I am as a person and what God means to me.

No comments: