Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hitting Her Head

Jordan went to school yesterday for picture day and then asked if she could stay the whole day. I figure every time she shows interest in staying at school we should let her and thankfully the school feels the same way. So she stayed at school for four hours and did not stay for tutoring afterwards.

She really did not tell me much about her day and when I asked her if she wanted to go back tomorrow she said “No, not really.” I am thinking that she likes the idea of being able to go to school when she wants. I have not been forcing her so when January comes I am hoping she will be ready to start back. If she is not ready for full days by then we will have to continue with half days or work something out.

When Jeff got home he was horsing around with him and they were in the other room. The next thing I hear is this LOUD and I mean a DEAFENING sound come from her room. I ran into the room to see Jordan lying on the bed and Jeff telling me she hit her head. She has been on his back and when he sat down she leaned back and was a little too close to the wall.

I got down to her level and asked her if she was okay and she informed me, as always, that she was fine. So now I am not sure if I will be able to sleep tonight. I believe she is fine and that there is nothing wrong with her, I am just not sure. I think that was my breaking point for today. All I want to do is sit down and cry. I think the stress of the situation has started to catch up with me.

I am ready to go to the doctor. I am ready to ask what happened and pray for some answers, I am ready to lower her medications and see how that works. I say all of this now and I know in a month and half when they lower her medication and they still don’t have any answers it won’t be any easier and I will have a whole set of new fears.

For now life is going forward as always. We continue to thank you for the love, support, and prayers you are giving us. Your strength and encouragement have gotten us through this and it will continue to do that.

No comments: