Sunday, July 20, 2008

Concert

Friday night we took the kids to see Hinder, Staind, and 3 Doors Down. We had a blast. Jordan was jumping around and headbanging like she has been doing this for years. At one point she came to me and said, "Momma, my head hurts."

I was like "Well if stopped all the head banging for a few minutes and just relaxed a little it might hurt so much." So she sat with me and feel asleep.

I did not realize that this concert was going to go so late, when Staind went on it was 9:00 and we still had one more band after that. Jordan feel asleep during Staind's last song and she slept though most of 3 Doors Down. Although she slept for part of the concert, she still had a great time and this is something she will remember for the rest of her life.

Jared and his best friend, Gage, could not stop talking about the concert. Jared would like to be in band some day and I always tell him, if that is what he wants then go for it. Since Gage was with us they both decided that being on stage is something they can do. Yesterday they spent the afternoon at Gage's writing songs and coming up with new beats. Someday maybe they will be on the stage and I will be in the front row cheering them on.

While Devon has fun at concerts, this one was to late for him. He is my artsy fartsy kid that loves to draw and look at the world quietly. Sometimes I think he only goes to concerts because that is what Jeff and I like to do. Someday he will confess that going to concerts was never really his favorite thing to do.

So we have another one tonight and I think everyone is very excited about this one. I will tell you all about it.

No comments: