Thursday, July 24, 2008

Right of Passage

Sunday night we took the kids to see Linkin Park. Jeff and I took the boys last year and they had a blast. Since their friends, Sammy and Jake, also love Rock Music and Linkin Park we decided to go again this year with them. Jordan came with us this time as well. Lori, my business partner and Sammy and Jake's mom, and her husband went.

This is the kids on the way into the concert. They were all very excited, and ready to Rock Out!

Since this was Sammy and Jake's first concert Lori decided that they should be allowed to get T-Shirts. My children have already been to 4 concerts and they got T-shirts at their first concert so Jeff and I decided we were not getting them new shirts. This made Jared very angry and I thought for a minute that he was going to ruin his night. I was like "You have 2 choices, either be made at me and have an awful time or get over it and have fun with your friends. I personally am going to have fun."


So while we are waiting for Linkin Park to go on the kids were playing and have a great time, that is everyone expect Jared.


Once the concert started everyone started signing and having a great time. Jared even came around and he was rocking out like the rest of us. About 1/2 way through the concert a security guard came up to us. I thought they were going to tell Devon to put his camera away, he had been recording part of the concert with the camera. The guard said "We need you to move into the pavilion because there is some bad weather coming."


We went into the pavilion and took the first 5 seats we could find. The kids were so very excited because now they were even closer. Jared informed me that he would like to sit in here from now on. We never sit in the pavilion because I am afraid it will be to loud and there really isn't any room to run around. Now I know if we take Jared he would like to sit there.

Jordan feel sleep as usually. This time she only slept for 1 song and it was right at the very end. So we are making progress with her.

After the concert we decided we would try and go to Denny's. Around here going to Denny's after a concert is a Right of Passage. It is like you have officially made it to the big time. So we went to Denny's. We had to wake Jordan up and she looked 1/2 dead and she ate all of her food.

I am hoping this is something the kids will remember for the rest of their lives. They have crazy wild parents that like to ROCK OUT, sing and the top of their lungs and dance around with not a care in the world.

No comments: